Thursday, December 25, 2008

Appreciation at holiday time

This morning, as I approached the entrance near the cafeteria with Bill Hopkins of the Food Service Department, a doctor who was also just arriving turned to Bill and me and said, "Thank you for what you do for this hospital."

As we celebrate the holidays and prepare for the new year, I'd like to thank all who help care for patients at Community General Hospital.

First, I thank hospital employees who work each day and night, including holidays, to care for patients and to assure that patients have the supplies, the facilities, the medications, and the organizational support they need.

I appreciate our medical staff, the physicians who entrust to us the care of their patients.

I thank our volunteers who support this hospital with the gift of their time. I thank also the Auxilians who represent our hospital within the community and who raise funds to help our work.

Sincere appreciation goes to those who donate funds through the Community General Foundation.

I appreciate too the alumnae of the Community General School of Nursing and their ongoing good thoughts and wishes for our hospital.

I thank our Board of Directors, the representatives of our community who serve without pay and accept responsibility for our hospital through many hours of study and service.

Finally, I thank the families who allow us to care for those they love. There is no greater responsibility, and no greater compliment, than caring for another's loved one in time of need.

Happy holidays, and happy new year!

No comments: