Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thank you, Tom and Sue Watson

I had the pleasure of meeting Tom and Sue Watson last week when the Community General Foundation dedicated a five-by-two foot photographic print in the waiting room on the fourth floor. Sue's mother, Marge Gifford, passed away at CGH earlier this year, and the Watsons donated the print, Hesperis Matronalis, in her memory.

I wrote about Tom's photography recently, and my posting contains links to his work.

Before the brief ceremony, Tom told me that members of his family "must have used this hospital 50 times in the last 20 years -- for emergencies, childbirth, operations, for many things. And every time we've had good care by caring people."

I said, "You've made my day with that observation."

That's Tom and Sue in the photo, above, during the dedication on Four North. We are grateful to the Watsons for their thoughtfulness.

No comments: